A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours this Holiday week!
This year, we here at yourkidsucksatsoccer.com are thankful for many things, here’s just a few we’d like to share with you!
The kids. Yes, even the wild ones. Not a week goes by that we don’t hear or learn something new from these kiddos. Each so full of energy and desire to get better, it’s honor to coach youth athletics and I’m thankful for the opportunity to do it. Find an youth athlete this Holiday Season and ask them what they most like about sports, the answer might surprise you.
- The referees. Yes, even the bad ones. You can’t have a fair competition without referees. They, like us, are not perfect. Find a referee this Holiday Season and give them a pat on the back, they deserve it.
- The parents. Yes, even the crazy ones. You can’t have a team without parents trusting you with their child. Coaches, find a parent, or two, this Holiday Season and thank them for their trust, we couldn’t do what we do without them.
- The team managers. Yes, even the slightly disorganized ones. These guys and gals to the tedious work required to get teams to right place, at the right time, wearing the right kit, day after day, week after week. Find a team manger this Holiday Season and offer to buy them a cold (or hot) beverage, they deserve it.
- My fellow coaches. Yes, even the angry ones. 99% of coaches out there are volunteers, doing the best they can, with the resources they have. Juggling playing time and development remains one of coaching’s greatest challenges. Be sure to thank your coach this Holiday season, no matter how much (or little) playing time your athlete has received this year.
- And finally, my family. Yes, even my wacky bunch. Being the coach’s wife is not easy. I can assure you, no spouse of a coach signed up for all the drama that comes along with youth athletics. Find the spouse of a youth coach this Holiday Season and give them a hardy “Thank You!”, they’ve earned it.